Linda L. Blackburn
|Linda L. Blackburn|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 5|
|Master's||East Carolina University|
Blackburn's professional experience includes working as an adjunct professor at Shaw University and director at Hertford County Office of Aging. She earned her Master's in Social Work from East Carolina University.
Blackburn's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "District 5 has various needs important to the individual counties represented. Linda knows that the "one-size-fits-all' social legislation" doesn't work."
- "Linda will represent ALL of our citizens. Our district needs the representation in Raleigh that brings a voice to the concerns of our citizens in the areas of job development, fair and equitable housing, access to quality health care, support for small business owners and, support for our schools."
- "With he ever-increasing costs of the delivery of these services, towns across our district face difficult decisions affecting the quality of life and the pocketbooks of its citizens. These municipalities and counties deserve a representative who not only understands their needs but who has the skills to work with other legislators to improve conditions for all our citizens."
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 5 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Annie Ward Mobley Incumbent||60.8%||7,351|
|Linda L. Blackburn||39.2%||4,746|
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Linda Blackburn on Facebook
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |