|Vermont House Of Representatives, Chittenden 8-1|
|2001 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||13|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Voting record
- 8 Personal
- 9 Recent news
- 10 See also
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Myers earned her B.A. in Journalism/Political Science from Kent State University in 1962.
Myers worked as an Editorial Assistant for Electronics Industries Association from 1962 to 1963 and for Building Service Employees International Union from 1963 to 1968. She then worked as a free lance writer from 1968 to 1985. From 1984 to 2001, Myers was a Managing Editor/Reporter for The Essex Reporter.
She has also served as a Justice of the Peace since 2002.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Myers served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Corrections and Institutions, Vice-chair|
|• Administrative Rules|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Myers served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Administrative Rules|
|• Corrections and Institutions, Vice-chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Myers served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Corrections and Institutions|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-8-1 has two state representatives. Incumbent Debbie Evans was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Linda Myers was unopposed in the Republican primary. Varpilah Chase is running as a Libertarian candidate.
Myers won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 8-1. Myers was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 6-1 General Election (2010)|
|Linda Myers (R)||2,090|
|Debbie Evans (D)||1,896|
|Betsy Dunn (D)||1,185|
Comprehensive donor information for Myers is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Myers raised a total of $3,603 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Linda Myers's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-8-1||$1,318|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-6-1||$2,285|
|Grand Total Raised||$3,603|
2012Myers won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Myers raised a total of $1,318.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Linda Myers's campaign in 2012|
|Campaign Research Center||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$1,318|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Myers was up for re-election, she collected $2,285 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Linda Myers's campaign in 2010|
|Friends Of Chittenden County Republican Legislators||$250|
|Bushey, Mr & Mrs James||$200|
|Angus, Mr & Mrs David||$200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$2,285|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on whether or not their votes aligned with VBSR’s stance on each policy.
- Vermont Conservation Voters: 2011-2012 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting records on environmental issues.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on voting records on VPIRG-backed legislation to promote clean energy, reduce exposure to toxins, make health care more accessible and affordable and protect our democracy.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Myers voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Myers is widowed and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Linda + Myers + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Linda Myers' official campaign website
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Vermont Elected Officials and Leaders; Submits Required Presidential Primary Petition," September 29, 2011
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Myers, Linda," accessed September 21, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013