|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 50A|
|2007 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||July 11, 1950|
|Place of birth||Minneapolis, Minnesota|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Slocum received her B.A. in Psychology from Simpson College and has done graduate work in education at Augsburg College. Her professional experience includes working as a middle school geography and American history teacher.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Slocum served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Consumer Protection Finance and Policy|
|• Education Finance, Vice-chair|
|• Public Safety Finance and Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Slocum served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Regulatory Reform|
|• Education Finance|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Slocum served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Commerce and Labor|
Slocum's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Economy and Job Growth
- Excerpt: "I support the Minnesota Investment Fund, which would provide low-interest loans and other incentives for businesses to set up shop in Minnesota."
- Excerpt: "The focus should be in attaining the skills and successfully graduating, then moving into the workforce."
- Excerpt: "The best health care solution, in my opinion, is the Minnesota Health Plan Bill. I am a co-author on the bill. The Minnesota Health Plan would cover all people of every age, it’s portable, doesn’t have high deductibles, allows people to choose their own doctors, hospitals and clinics."
- Excerpt: "I fully support state bonding to build the Southwest Corridor Light Rail Line. Great transit options have proven to be strong economic engines and spur economic growth in the areas served by the transit."
- Excerpt: "Honoring our veterans means more than honoring their service. It means that when they come home, we help them find jobs and secure housing to ensure that their homecoming is a joyous occasion."
Slocum won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 50A. She was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Craig Marston (R) and Joseph Koch (Independence) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 50A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Linda Slocum Incumbent||62.2%||12,036|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 63B (2010)|
|Linda Slocum (DFL)||7,297||60.61%|
|Joel Jennissen (R)||4,729||39.28%|
Linda Slocum raised $24,322 for her campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 63B (2008)|
|Linda Slocum (DFL)||11,265||66.00%|
|Ed Field (R)||5,755||33.72%|
Comprehensive donor information for Slocum is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Slocum raised a total of $94,161 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 13, 2013.
|Linda Slocum's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 50A||$20,125|
|2010||Minnesota House, District 63B||$21,099|
|2008||Minnesota House, District 63B||$24,322|
|2006||Minnesota House, District 63B||$28,615|
|Grand Total Raised||$94,161|
2012Slocum won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Slocum raised a total of $20,125.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Linda Slocum's campaign in 2012|
|50th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$1,000|
|Slocum, Helene Z.||$500|
|Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis||$500|
|Mah Mah Wi No Min||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$20,125|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Slocum received $21,099 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Linda Slocum's campaign in 2010|
|Minnesota Teachers Retirement Association||$500|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Alliance||$500|
|Minneapolis Federation Of Teachers Local 59||$500|
|Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$21,099|
Listed below are the two largest contributors to Linda Slocum's 2008 campaign.
|63rd Senate District Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$3,000|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Slocum has two children. She has been Union Steward for Minnesota Federation of Teachers Local 59, Vice Chair of the City of Richfield Human Services Commission, and a member of the Minnesota Commission on Crime Prevention and Control.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Linda + Slocum + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Official campaign website (Archived)
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Slocum
- "electslocum," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on Slocum's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "Slocum, Linda," accessed December 13, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
Carolyn Laine (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 50A
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 63B
| Succeeded by|
Jean Wagenius (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |