|U.S. Senate, Texas|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas|
|J.D.||George Washington Law School|
|Place of birth||Weslaco, Texas|
Vega graduated from the University of Texas in Austin and George Washington Law School. She has worked for the Department of Labor and is currently the owner of The Vega Law Firm.
Vega's campaign website lists the following issues:
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "I support the Constitution and 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. When the government overstretches its powers to PROHIBIT individuals from protecting themselves, we should reconsider the intrusive role of the federal government in our lives."
- Excerpt: "We should be less restrictive on opportunities to use our resources that can create new jobs and offer energy to our communities. We need to create more free trade that will create millions of jobs for Americans and more markets for American companies."
- Education: School Choice
- Excerpt: "I support parents who want to make better choices for their family. As a mother of two, I find myself very involved in my children's education. I have had to challenge their studies on various occasions, such as suggest more books, take them on trips, and get tutoring for them."
- Excerpt: "We should be less restrictive on opportunities to use resources that can create new jobs and offer energy to our communities. We need to offer better foreign policies to other countries so they will be more willing to share their energy through partnerships that would benefit our economy in the trillions of dollars."
- Immigration Reform/Dream Act
- Excerpt: "I am not for amnesty. I believe that we must reform our Broken Immigration system. It is not modern, prohibits our economic opportunities, and allows many to receive benefits while undocumented. If we intend to deal with overstays and illegal entries, then we must have a logical plan to do so. "
|U.S. Senate, Texas Republican Primary, 2014|
|John Cornyn Incumbent||59.4%||781,259|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|Linda Vega (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 30, 2014||$0||$16,246||$(17,665)||$-1,418|
Vega has two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Linda + Vega + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Examiner.com, "Linda Vega announces run for Cornyn's U.S. Senate seat," October 23, 2013
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Campaign website, "About," accessed January 12, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 12, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Linda Vega Year-End," accessed February 16, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |