|Vermont House Of Representatives, Chittenden 8-2|
|2009 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University, 1970|
|Place of birth||Miami, Florida|
Waite-Simpson earned her B.A. in 19th Century Humanities from Florida State University in 1970.
Waite-Simpson has worked as an Information Technology Manager and a Communications Director for the Association of Consulting Management Firms.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Waite-Simpson served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Judicial Retention|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Waite-Simpson served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Waite-Simpson served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-8-2 has two representatives. Incumbents Tim Jerman and Linda Waite-Simpson are unopposed in the Democratic primary. Paul Dame is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Waite-Simpson won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 8-2. Waite-Simpson was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Linda Waite-Simpson ran for re-election to the Chittenden 6-2 District in 2010. She ran against Tim Jerman (D), Tim Allard (R), and Carl Houghton (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010. According to unofficial results Waite-Simpson won one of the two seats in the district, but as of November 15 a recount is pending.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 6-2 General Election (2010)|
|Tim Jerman (D)||2,148|
|Linda Waite-Simpson (D)||1,709|
|Tim Allard (R)||1,696|
|Carl Houghton (R)||1,526|
Comprehensive donor information for Waite-Simpson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Waite-Simpson raised a total of $2,748 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Linda Waite-Simpson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-8-2||$1,918|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-6-2||$830|
|Grand Total Raised||$2,748|
2012Waite-Simpson won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Waite-Simpson raised a total of $1,918.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Linda Waite-Simpson's campaign in 2012|
|Marijuana Policy Project||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$1,918|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Waite-Simpson was up for re-election, she collected $830 in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Waite-Simpson voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Waite-Simpson has a husband, Harold Simpson, Jr.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Linda + Waite-Simpson + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Twitter feed
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Waite-Simpson, Linda J accessed September 21, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013