|Georgia State Senate District 37|
|January 11, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Georgia State University (1971)|
|J.D.||Woodrow Wilson College of Law (1978)|
|Birthday||June 26, 1949|
|Profession||Founder/Owner, Tippins Contracting Company|
Tippins earned his J.D. from the Woodrow Wilson College of Law. His professional experience includes founding and owning Tippins Contracting Company.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Tippins served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education and Youth, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Tippins served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education and Youth|
|• Natural Resources and the Environment|
Tippins' campaign website stated, "Lindsey believes the economy, creation of new jobs, illegal immigration, and education of our children must be top priorities."
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Georgia State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Lindsey A. Tippins was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2012
Tippins ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Georgia State Senate District 37. Tippins ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. No Democratic candidate filed to run for this seat. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Tippins won re-election in the general election.
|Georgia State Senate, District 37, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lindsey Tippins Incumbent||100%||64,107|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
| Georgia State Senate, District 37 |
2010 General election results
|Lindsey Tippins (D)||50,051||100.0%|
|Georgia State Senate, District 37 - Republican Primary (2010)|
|John J. Wiles||7,765||39.8%|
Comprehensive donor information for Tippins is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Tippins raised a total of $182,916 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 22, 2013.
|Lindsey Tippins's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State Senate, District 37||$28,225|
|2010||Georgia State Senate, District 37||$154,691|
|Grand Total Raised||$182,916|
2012Tippins won re-election to the Georgia State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Tippins raised a total of $28,225.
|Georgia State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lindsey Tippins's campaign in 2012|
|Georgia Trial Lawyers Association||$2,000|
|Georgia Apartment Association||$1,500|
|Georgia Auto Pawn||$1,400|
|Georgia Council of Chiropractic||$1,000|
|Georgia Association of Physician Assistants||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$28,225|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Tippins won election to the Georgia State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Tippins raised a total of $154,691.
|Georgia State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lindsey Tippins's campaign in 2010|
|Carl Black Automotive Support||$2,400|
|Workplace Injury Network||$2,400|
|Georgia Trial Lawyers Association||$2,400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$154,691|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Tippins and his wife, Ann Scott, have two children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Lindsey + Tippins + Georgia + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lindsey Tippins campaign website
- Lindsey Tippins on the Georgia State Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Lindsey Tippins on Facebook
- Lindsey Tippins campaign website, "Homepage"
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Georgia Elections Division, "2012 Election Results" accessed November 16, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State - 2010 Election results
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Tippins, Lindsey," accessed August 22, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 4, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
|Georgia Senate District 37
| Succeeded by|