|Georgia State Senate District 37|
|January 11, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Georgia State University (1971)|
|J.D.||Woodrow Wilson College of Law (1978)|
|Birthday||June 26, 1949|
|Profession||Founder/Owner, Tippins Contracting Company|
Tippins earned his J.D. from the Woodrow Wilson College of Law. His professional experience includes founding and owning Tippins Contracting Company.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Tippins served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education and Youth, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Tippins served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education and Youth|
|• Natural Resources and the Environment|
Tippins' campaign website stated, "Lindsey believes the economy, creation of new jobs, illegal immigration, and education of our children must be top priorities."
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2012
Tippins ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Georgia State Senate District 37. Tippins ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. No Democratic candidate filed to run for this seat. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Tippins won re-election in the general election.
|Georgia State Senate, District 37, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lindsey Tippins Incumbent||100%||64,107|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
| Georgia State Senate, District 37 |
2010 General election results
|Lindsey Tippins (D)||50,051||100.0%|
|Georgia State Senate, District 37 - Republican Primary (2010)|
|John J. Wiles||7,765||39.8%|
Comprehensive donor information for Tippins is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Tippins raised a total of $182,916 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 22, 2013.
|Lindsey Tippins's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State Senate, District 37||$28,225|
|2010||Georgia State Senate, District 37||$154,691|
|Grand Total Raised||$182,916|
2012Tippins won re-election to the Georgia State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Tippins raised a total of $28,225.
|Georgia State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lindsey Tippins's campaign in 2012|
|Georgia Trial Lawyers Association||$2,000|
|Georgia Apartment Association||$1,500|
|Georgia Auto Pawn||$1,400|
|Georgia Council of Chiropractic||$1,000|
|Georgia Association of Physician Assistants||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$28,225|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Tippins won election to the Georgia State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Tippins raised a total of $154,691.
|Georgia State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lindsey Tippins's campaign in 2010|
|Carl Black Automotive Support||$2,400|
|Workplace Injury Network||$2,400|
|Georgia Trial Lawyers Association||$2,400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$154,691|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Tippins and his wife, Ann Scott, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Lindsey + Tippins + Georgia + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senator wants legal opinion on Cobb tax breaks - Marietta Daily Journal
- Senator questions legality of Cobb tax incentives - Marietta Daily Journal
- School board files protest against tax breaks for John Williams' Riverwalk ... - Marietta Daily Journal
- Parent group aims for awareness about school funds - Marietta Daily Journal
- Around Town: Election Day 2013: Showdown time for candidates ? and $68 ... - Marietta Daily Journal
- What Do Educators Want From Lawmakers? One Word: Flexibility - GPB
- Pocketknives, schools, and Georgia's 'zero tolerance' ban - Atlanta Journal Constitution (blog)
- Around Town: Dialing for Dollars: Financial reports show Pridemore, Barr in lead - Marietta Daily Journal
- Lindsey Tippins campaign website
- Lindsey Tippins on the Georgia State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Lindsey Tippins on Facebook
- Lindsey Tippins campaign website, "Homepage"
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Georgia Elections Division "2012 Election Results" Accessed November 16, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State - 2010 Election results
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official Results of the Tuesday, July 20, 2010 General Primary Election"
- followthemoney.org, "Tippins, Lindsey," accessed August 22, 2013
|Georgia Senate District 37
| Succeeded by|