For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Linwood "Lennie" Jarratt|
|Illinois State Senate District 31|
|High school||Sussex Central High, Sussex, Virginia|
|Bachelor's||B.S. Mathematics - Virginia State University|
|Place of birth||Virginia|
|Profession||Small Business Owner - Website Development, Social Media Outreach|
On his campaign website, Jarratt lists his position on six issues:
- Pro-Family: "The family is the basic unit of our society and it must be preserved. Income tax hikes, property tax hikes and the continual raising of fees are sapping the hard earned money from the families and businesses of Illinois."
- Foreclosures: "1 in 295 Lake County homes received foreclosure filings in September. In October, the rate climbed to 1 in 271. There are over 2500 active cases in the courts here in Lake County, of which mine is one. I too am living the reality of bad tax and spend policies destroying the jobs families rely on."
- Education: "Education is the key to the future. All children deserve access to a quality education to unlock their door to excel. We need to empower parents to be able to better direct their child’s education, be it public school, private school, charter school, home school, or other alternatives. The parents know their child best."
- Honest Government: "Every citizen has the right to expect open and honest government. We should never have to pay a corruption tax as the price of government graft and back room dealings."
- Pro 2nd Amendment: "It’s simple, the right to bear arms is enshrined in our Constitution and it should not be infringed upon."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Jarratt ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 31. Jarratt lost in the Republican primary on March 12, 2012. He faced Michael White, Joe Neal and Lawrence Leafblad. Incumbent Suzi Schmidt is not running for re-election in District 31. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate Republican Primary, 2012|
|Linwood "Lennie" Jarratt||19.5%||3,119|
Jarratt was born and raised in southern Virginia. He moved to Illinois in 2000.
Jarratt has been involved in education research, transparency advocate and watchdog for local school districts and other taxing bodies in Lake County.
- December 27, 2011 - Ethics violations in Grayslake District 46 ranked top story in 2011 in Grayslake.
- December 13, 2011 - Illinois Teacher Attacks Tax Reform Advocates With Name Calling in School Letter.
- December 12, 2011 - Lake County Teachers Union Prez Blasts Taxpayers
- November 17, 2011 - Censured D46 Board Member Sue Facklam Gets Another Earful
- November 6, 2011 - Public deserves Grayslake school board member’s resignation
- November 3, 2011 - Grayslake D46 board member censured over $5 gift certificates
- October 29, 2011 - Prosecutors: Grayslake D46 board member broke election law
- October 4, 2011 - Lake County tea party founder sues Grayslake D46
- July 16, 2011 - District 46 superintendent reprimanded over emails
- July 6, 2011 - Jarratt Claims D46 FOIA Compliance Violation
- June 28, 2011 - Retired judge leading another Grayslake D46 investigation
- June 4, 2011 - Prosecutors asked to examine former Grayslake D46 board leader’s emails
- May 19, 2011 - Ethics complaints stall District 46 contract extension
- May 16, 2011 - IL Tea Party Activists Expose Alleged Gift Cards-For-Votes School Scam
- May 15, 2011 - IL Tea Party Activists Expose Alleged Gift Cards-For-Votes School Scam
- May 13, 2011 - Lawyer tabbed for Grayslake D46 internal probe
- March 29, 2010 - Grayslake schools get lesson in openness thanks to activist
- March 1, 2011 - School Questions Warren Activist
- January 9, 2010 - Watchdog group: Grayslake Dist. 46 needs to be more open
- May 1, 2009 - Blogs for Education Reform
- January 23, 2009 - No more back-room hiring in Big Hollow School District 38
- January 1, 2009 - Big Hollow Taxpayer Pressure Forces a Little Transparency
- May 1, 2006 - How School Districts Over Tax Their Residents
- December 9, 2011 - State Senate Race In Illinois Garners National Attention- Lennie Jarratt
- December 7, 2011 - Spirited Primary Elections Taking Shape
- December 6, 2011 - VIDEO: Lennie Jarratt, Candidate for State Senate 31st District
- December 6, 2011 - Lennie Jarratt Endorsed by Illinois Conservatives
- November 28, 2011 - Campaign season starts in earnest
- November 21, 2011 - Jarratt Gets Out Front of Foreclosure Proceeding
- November 21, 2011 - Candidate gets out front on foreclosure proceeding
- November 15, 2011 - Republican Candidates for 31st Senate District Q&A
- November 9, 2011 - Lennie Jarratt Launches Campaign for State Senate, 31st District
- November 7, 2011 - Jarratt announces bid for 31st Senate seat
- November 7, 2011 - Another Republican Joins 31st State Senate Race
- November 7, 2011 - Lennie Jarratt Makes It Official, Will Run In 31st State Senate District (dead link)
- November 7, 2011 - Tea Party Leader Lennie Jarratt Running for State Senate in Lake County
- October 31, 2011 - Lennie Jarratt Announces 31st State Senate Exploratory Committee
- July 19, 2011 - Discussion on Public Education Thursday Night at MCC
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Lennie Jarratt on Twitter
- Lennie Jarratt for 31st State Senate Facebook page
- Lennie Jarratt, "My Story," accessed January 10, 2012
- Lennie Jarratt, "Issues," accessed January 10, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Results," accessed May 15, 2014