|Kansas House of Representatives District 22|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Prior to her election to the House, Benlon served on the Shawnee City Council from 1988-1991. From 1973-1988 she worked as an accounting office manager.
Benlon is a volunteer with the Boy Scouts of American (1986-present) and has also served in the Lenexa Chamber of Commerce, Republican Women of Lexena, Shawnee Area Chamber of Commerce, and Young Men's Christian Association.
Benlon refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
Benlon's answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2000 National Political Awareness Test are available.
- H 5003 Kansas constitutional amendment; equal rights; no discrimination based on sex. 01/23/2009
While a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, Benlon served on the following committees:
- Economic Development and Tourism Committee, House of Representatives (Ranking Member)
- Taxation Committee, House of Representatives
- Economic Development Joint Committee, State Legislature
- Federal and State Affairs Committee, House of Representatives
On November 4, 2008, Benlon was elected to the 22nd District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Joy E. Bourdess (R) and Greggory Nicholas Hahn (L). Benlon raised $31,468 for her campaign, while Bourdess raised $15,359 and Hahn raised $0.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 22|
|Lisa Benlon (D)||4,831||53.0%|
|Joy E. Bourdess (R)||3,819||41.9%|
|Greggory Nicholas Hahn (L)||448||4.9%|
In 2008 Benlon collected $31,468 in donations.
Four of her largest contributors were:
|Kansas Democratic Party||$5,700|
|Benion, Randy & Lisa||$4,977|
|Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce||$1,750|
|Johnson County Democratic Central Committee||$1,000|
- Lisa Benlon's Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Lisa Benlon
- Project Vote Smart Bio
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lisa Benlon Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Benlon Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 22
| Succeeded by|
Greg Smith (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |