Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas State Senate District 8|
|Bachelor's||University of Central Missouri|
|Master's||University of Central Missouri & Kansas University|
Johnston has worked as an administrator and faculty member in higher education for 18 years. She attended Kansas University, receiving a Ph. D. in Educational Policy and Leadership and a Master's degree in Psychology.
Johnston's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Strengthening schools and ensuring proper funding for public education must be a top priority of the Kansas government. Kansans have the right to expect their tax dollars will be devoted to properly funding education and ensuring strong public schools."
Economic and Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt:"True economic growth requires that individuals and families have money to spend on what they need. This spending leads to business profits which create new jobs."
- Excerpt:"Our economic growth depends on the availability of both private and public sector jobs. These opportunities are essential for Kansans who have been out of work and also for our young adults who are seeking employment after graduation."
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
Johnston ran for election in the 2012 election for Kansas State Senate District 8. Johnston ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by Jim Denning (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas State Senate, District 8, General Election, 2012|
Johnston and her husband Kyle have no children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lisa + Johnston + Kansas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Lisa Johnston on Facebook
- Lisa Johnston on Twitter