|Former candidate for|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 106|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Osterholt's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We need to fully fund our local schools to assure parents that we are giving their children a fighting chance to compete for jobs in the future economy."
- Excerpt: "We invest in the Texas Emerging Technology Fund, which has done great work to promote scientific technology research and business, but has been criticized about funding only the politically connected. Politics should not be a consideration in what research and businesses we invest our money. It should not be used to determine what is added to science text books. Investments should be made based on objective, nonpartisan criteria."
- Excerpt: "Commuters in our district have experienced more traffic congestion and traffic accidents as development has expanded. According to TxDOT, we are $4 Billion short on funding for road maintenance and construction. We need to stop using revenue intended for roads on other government programs while providing a tax incentive for businesses who allow employees to work from home."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Pat Fallon was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lisa Osterholt was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Fallon defeated Osterholt and Rodney Caston (L) in the general election.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 106 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Pat Fallon Incumbent||69.9%||24,419|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lisa + Osterholt + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Lisa Osterholt on Facebook
- Lisa Osterholt on Twitter
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- osterholtfortexas.com, "Issues," accessed February 14, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |