For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
List of school districts in Delaware
|K-12 Education in Delaware|
|State Superintendent: Mark Murphy|
|Number of students: 128,946|
|Number of teachers: 8,587|
|Teacher/pupil ratio: 1:15|
|Number of school districts: 44|
|Number of schools: 221|
|Graduation rate: 80%|
|Per-pupil spending: $12,685|
|Delaware Department of Education • List of school districts in Delaware • Delaware • School boards portal|
|Education policy project|
|Public education in the United States |
Public education in Delaware
Glossary of education terms
There are 61,999 students in the state's top enrollment districts, which represents 0.2 percent of all students attending top enrollment districts in the United States. The largest school district in Delaware is Christina School District, which served 16,303 students in the 2011-2012 academic year.
This list identifies all of the state's school districts in alphabetical order. The National Center for Education Statistics identifies several other unique institutions in the state as school districts, such as the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families and the Department of Correction educational program, but they are not included in this list. However, they are still included in the state's 44 districts.
- School board elections portal
- United States school districts
- Delaware school districts
- Delaware Department of Education
- Public education in Delaware
- National Center for Education Statistics, "Table 2. Number of operating public schools and districts, state enrollment, teacher and pupil/teacher ratio by state: School year 2011–12," accessed March 18, 2014
- ED Data Express, "State Tables Report," accessed March 17, 2014 The site includes this disclaimer: "States converted to an adjusted cohort graduation rate [starting in the 2010-2011 school year], which may or may not be the same as the calculation they used in prior years. Due to the potential differences, caution should be used when comparing graduation rates across states."
- United States Census Bureau, "Public Education Finances: 2011," accessed March 18, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed February 19, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "State Education Data Profiles," accessed August 15, 2013
State of Delaware
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Insurance Commissioner | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources and Environmental Control | Secretary of Labor | Delaware Public Service Commission |