Liz Fessler Smith
|Liz Fessler Smith|
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 44|
Smith's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Our friends and neighbors throughout Michigan are finally beginning to recover from the latest economic downturn. We need to protect, strengthen, and speed up Michigan’s comeback. To accomplish this we need to further enhance the business environment of our state by keeping taxes low and providing the right type of infrastructure for job growth."
- Excerpt: "We need to approve curriculums that will allow our children to be competitive with students around our country and around the world. If we do not have rigid standards, our kids will fall behind and they won’t be able to get 21st Century jobs."
Balancing the Budget
- Excerpt: "Our legislators and governor have done an excellent job of balancing the budget ahead of schedule for the last 3 years. We need to continue this practice because it provides certainty and stability to Michigan families and local governments."
Seniors and Elder Care
- Excerpt: "This country will soon have more senior citizens as part of the population than ever before. Michigan will be no exception to this, and as a state we are not prepared! I had the privilege of caring for my elderly grandmother who lived to the age of 101. I have seen firsthand areas that need improving. We need to improve, safety, health, housing, and services that provide happiness to our seniors."
- Excerpt: "I will work to stop Obamacare. It is a failed government take-over of 1/6 of the nation’s economy. The costs of healthcare premiums, deductibles, and co-pays are going to skyrocket as a result of the passage of the ACA."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Mark Venie was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jim Runestad defeated Liz Fessler Smith, Dennis Garlick and Russ Tierney in the Republican primary. Runestad defeated Venie in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 44 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 44 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Liz Fessler Smith||33.2%||3,559|
In 2014, Smith's endorsements included:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Liz + Fessler + Smith + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 44
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Liz Fessler Smith on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- lizfesslersmithformichigan.com, " News & Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |