For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii State Senate District 12|
|Bachelor's||Mathematics and Ballroom Dance, Brigham Young University (1999)|
|Master's||M.B.A., Marriott School of Management (2001)|
Larson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- "Hawaii is overburdened with taxes. The problem with the state government is not that they do not have enough money, but that they spend too much and their policies do not encourage economic growth."
- The Environment
- "My opponent would tell you that it is o.k. for government projects to bypass environmental standards. This is wrong."
- Economic Growth
- "We need to create more jobs and opportunities for families in Hawaii. Honolulu has been ranked the worst climate in the nation for doing business."
- Land Development
- "Zoning, permitting, environmental, and historical preservation standards are there to protect our aina. If develpment projects are being hampered by burdensome rules and regulations, then we must simplify the process for everyone without jeopordizing important standards."
- "The biggest problem with Hawaii’s education system is that there is only one school district for the entire state of Hawaii. Schools do best when they have the support of the parents and the local citizens and businesses. Having one centralized school district discourages local involvement and creates more opportunity for misuse of funds."
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
Larson ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii State Senate District 12. Larson ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Brickwood Galuteria (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 12, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Brickwood Galuteria Incumbent||64.8%||9,134|
Larson has a husband, Steve, and two children, aged 7 and 5.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Liz + Larson + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Liz Larson, "The Issues," September 16, 2012
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Liz Larson, "About Liz Larson," September 16, 2012