For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Local & Municipal Affairs Committee, Louisiana State Senate
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Louisiana State Senate are assigned by the President of the Senate. It is unclear when committees are assigned. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The President, President Pro Tempore and Parliamentarian serve as "ex officio" members of every committee.
See rules: Senate Rules
Legislative instruments and other matter referred to this committee shall encompass the following subject matter:
- Assessors, their offices, salaries, expenses, compensation, etc.
- Assistance to municipal and other governments
- City of New Orleans affairs
- Department of Urban and Community Affairs
- Drainage and sewerage and water districts
- Economic development districts
- Employees of local governments, except retirement
- Expenditures by local governments
- Forms of local government
- Intergovernmental relations between local governments and state and local governments
- Local boundary lines
- Local ordinances
- Local, parochial and municipal affairs generally, except matters specifically placed under the jurisdiction of other committees
- Municipalities and municipal governing authorities
- Parish tax collectors
- Parishes and parish governing authorities
- Political subdivision industrial inducement
- Revenue of and taxation levied by local governments
- Technical assistance to local governments
- Urban, parochial and regional planning
- Louisiana State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 3.3(15))
- Louisiana State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 13.82)
- Louisiana State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 13.1.D)
- Louisiana State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 3.4(12))