The Local Legislation No. 2 Committee was a standing committee of the Alabama State Senate. In the 2015 session, the senate reorganized its local legislation committees.
Per Rule 47 of the Senate Rules, committees of the Alabama State Senate are assigned by the Committee on Assignments, consisting of the president pro tempore, lieutenant governor, senate majority leader and three additional members appointed by the president pro tempore. The rules do not specify how often committees are assigned. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The president of the Senate serves as an ex officio member of each committee, except specific Local Legislation Committees, with the power to vote. The president may appoint a senator who is not already on a committee to serve as his official substitute.
See rules: Senate Rules
||Local Legislation No. 2, to which committee shall be referred all bills and other matters concerning local legislation in counties having a population of 500,000 or more. Local legislation under this rule shall consist of any bill that applies to any political subdivision or subdivisions of the state less than the whole. The Committee on Local Legislation No. 2 shall consist of 8 members.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2009 legislative session.
- ↑ Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed February 11, 2014(Rule 47-b)
- ↑ Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 15, 2014
- ↑ Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 15, 2014(Rule 48)
- ↑ Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 48-21-b)
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.