|California State Assembly District 80|
|May 28, 2013 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||May 21, 2013|
|Term limits||12 years|
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Lorena Gonzalez (D) is unopposed in the blanket primary.
Gonzalez won election in a special election for California State Assembly District 80. The seat was vacant following Ben Hueso's (D) election to the California State Senate on March 12, 2013. Gonzalez defeated Steve Castaneda (D) in the special election, which took place on May 21, 2013.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lorena + Gonzalez + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly
- California Assembly Committees
- California State Assembly District 80
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- ktvu.com, "Special election set to fill state Assembly seat," March 26, 2013
- sos.ca.gov, "Assembly District 80 Special Primary Election - May 21, 2013," accessed April 8, 2013
- 10news.com, "Myrtle Cole wins District 4 City Council seat: Lorena Gonzalez takes 80th Assembly District," May 22, 2013
- sos.ca.gov, "Official special election results," accessed November 18, 2013
Ben Hueso (D)
|California State Assembly District 80
| Succeeded by|