Lorenzo Sawyer (1820-1891) was a federal judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the United States Circuit Courts for the Ninth Circuit.
He was nominated to the United States Circuit Courts for the Ninth Circuit by President Ulysses Grant on December 8, 1869. He was confirmed by the Senate on January 10, 1870, and received commission that same day. On June 16, 1891, he was reassigned to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He served until his death on September 7, 1891.
- Private practice, Chicago, Illinois, 1846-1848
- Private practice, Jefferson, Wisconsin, 1848-1850
- Private practice, Sacramento, California, 1850
- Private practice, Nevada City and San Francisco, California, 1850-1861
- City attorney, San Francisco, California, 1854-
- Private practice, San Francisco and Virginia City, 1861-1862
- Judge, 12th Judicial District Court, California, 1862-1863
- Justice, California Supreme Court, 1863-1869
- Chief justice, 1868-1869
- Biography by Karen L. Pratt.
|1871||Bradford • McKinney • Rives • Story • Swing|