|Wisconsin State Senate District 13 Recall|
|Bachelor's||University of Missouri–Columbia|
Compas lost her bid for Wisconsin State Senate District 13 in the recall election against incumbent Sen. Scott Fitzgerald. Compas defeated Gary Ellerman, a Republican who ran as a Democrat, in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012.
She lost to Fitzgerald in the recall election on June 5. Terry Virgil (L) came in third.
|Recall of Wisconsin State Senator Scott Fitzgerald, 2012|
|Republican||Scott Fitzgerald Incumbent||58.3%||47,146|
|Source: Wisconsin Government Accountability Board|
|Wisconsin State Senate District 13 Recall - Democratic Primary Democratic Primary, 2012|
On her campaign website, Compas listed 9 themes of her campaign:
- Jobs and economic development
- Affordable healthcare
- Supporting public education
- Balancing the budget
- Restoring workers' rights
- Environmental protection
- Protecting the Wisconsin Retirement System
- Working to create a Regional Transit Authority
- Restoring integrity to the legislature
Compas and her husband Eric were married in 1995 and have two children.
- ↑ Madison.com, "Woman photographer to challenge Wis. Senate leader," February 27, 2012
- ↑ Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "4 Democrats easily win Senate primaries," May 9, 2012
- ↑ Lori Compas, "The Issues," accessed March 22, 2012
- ↑ FOX 11, "Compas raises $100K in bid for state Senate seat," April 27, 2012
- ↑ Lori Compas, "Meet Lori," accessed March 22, 2012