|Colorado House of Representatives District 63|
|January 9, 2013-Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$45/day in Denver area, $183/day outside|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Saine earned her B.S. in Psychology from Indiana University, Bloomington.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Saine served on the following committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources|
Saine's campaign website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Let economy grow
- Excerpt: "Innovation and job-growth is created through market-based solutions not government bureaucracies. By lowering individual and business taxes, we can put more money back into the pockets of the people."
- Promote oil, gas and coal
- Excerpt: "Colorado’s booming energy economy has been halted by burdensome energy rules and regulations. I will work to remove those burdens and get employees in the energy industry back to work in Northern Colorado."
- Ensure water is there
- Excerpt: "Water is the life-blood in Eastern Colorado. I’ll do everything in my power to ensure we have the water to support our farmers and ranchers."
- Protect life
- Excerpt: "I am 100% Pro-Life and will work to protect our God-given right to life for those who don’t have a voice."
- Limit size, scope of government
- Excerpt: "Colorado families are tightening their belts so there’s no excuse for our government not to do the same. As your State Representative, I will work to tackle the tough issues, ridding bureaucrats of control and give control back to its rightful owners."
Elections for the office of Colorado House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Dustin Urban was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Lori Saine defeated Bruce Sparrow in the Republican primary. Urban will face Saine in the general election.
Saine won election in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 63. She defeated write-in candidate Mike Mazzocco in the June 26 Republican primary. She defeated Tim Erickson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 63, General Election, 2012|
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 63 Republican Primary, 2012|
In House District 63, Lori Saine qualified for the ballot with 62 percent of the vote. Candidates Bruce Sparrow with 24 percent and Mike Mazzocco with 15 percent did not qualify for the ballot; however, they both reached the 10 percent threshold that allows them to petition onto the ballot. Mazzocco said by phone after the assembly that he hadn’t decided whether he would try the petition route. Sparrow could not be reached for comment after the event.
Comprehensive donor information for Saine is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Saine raised a total of $13,182 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 30, 2013.
|Lori Saine's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Colorado State House, District 63||$13,182|
|Grand Total Raised||$13,182|
2012Saine won election to the Colorado House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Saine raised a total of $13,182.
|Colorado House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lori Saine's campaign in 2012|
|Colorado Association Of Realtors||$1,400|
|Lembke, Robert A||$400|
|Associated Collections Agencies||$400|
|Cmte For The American Dream||$400|
|Blizzard, M I||$400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$13,182|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Saine's endorsements included the following:
- Ken Buck- Weld County District Attorney
- Scott Renfroe- Senate District 13
- Dave Schultheis- Former Senator District 9
- Tim Neville- Senate District 22
- Shawn Mitchell- Senate District 23
- Chris Holbert- House District 44
- Jerry Sonnenberg- House District 65
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lori + Saine + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado House of Representatives District 63
- Colorado State Legislature
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Lori Saine for House District 63 Facebook page, "Info," accessed October 19, 2012
- lorisaine.org, "Issues," accessed April 15, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Windsor Now, "Republican primaries set in House District 48, Board of Weld County Commissioners District 1," March 24, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Saine, Lori," accessed May 30, 2013
- lorisaine.org, "Endorsements," accessed April 15, 2014
Jon Becker (R)
|Colorado House of Representatives District 63
| Succeeded by|