For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 4|
|November 4, 2014 - Present|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$175/day off Oahu; $10/day on Oahu|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Hawaii State Senate|
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Hawaii State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Lorraine Rodero Inouye defeated incumbent Malama Solomon in the Democratic primary and defeated Alain Schiller (L) in the general election.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 4, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Lorraine Rodero Inouye||77.8%||8,882|
|Hawaii State Senate, District 4 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Lorraine Rodero Inouye||58%||4,373|
|Malama Solomon Incumbent||42%||3,161|
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
|Hawaii State Senate, District 4 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Malama Solomon Incumbent||50.4%||4,068|
In 2014, Inouye's endorsements included the following:
- Sierra Club
- Hawaii State Teachers Association
- Operating Engineers Stabilization Fund
- Hawaii Center for Food Safety
- Hawaii State Operating Engineers, Local 3
- Painters Local Union 1791
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Lorraine + Inouye + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Hawaii State Senate
- Hawaii Senate Committees
- Hawaii state legislative districts
- Profile from the Hawaii State Senate
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Lorraine Inouye on Facebook
- Lorraine Online, "About Lorraine," accessed July 23, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed August 25, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 12, 2014
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
Malama Solomon (D)
|Hawaii State Senate - District 4
| Succeeded by|