is a 2014 Democratic
candidate for District 4
of the Hawaii State Senate
. She ran unsuccessfully for the same seat in 2012
. She is a former member of the Hawaii State Senate
and represented District 1
Inouye's professional experience includes serving as Mayor of Hawaii County, as president of Aloha Blooms, Inc., and as a member of the Hawaii State Senate from 1998 to 2008.
Inouye has been endorsed by the following organizations:
- Sierra Club
- Hawaii State Teachers Association
- Operating Engineers Stabilization Fund
- Hawaii Center for Food Safety
- Hawaii State Operating Engineers, Local 3
- Painters Local Union 1791
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Hawaii State Senate will consist of a primary election on August 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Malama Solomon will face Lorraine Rodero Inouye in the Democratic primary. Alain Schiller is running as a Libertarian.
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
Inouye ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii State Senate District 4. She was defeated by District 1 incumbent Malama Solomon (D) in the Democratic primary on August 11, 2012.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 4 Democratic Primary, 2012
Malama Solomon Incumbent
| Lorraine Inouye
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Lorraine + Inouye + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Lorraine Inouye News Feed
- ↑ Lorraine Online, "About Lorraine," accessed July 23, 2014
- ↑ Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- ↑ civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- ↑ Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014