|U.S. House, Texas, District 31|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||March 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Belton, Texas|
Minor's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Strengthening Our Economy
- Excerpt: "We know that ensuring a strong economic future is essential to growing businesses, creating new jobs and providing for our families. Our economy has been taken hostage by a congress that does not represent its constituents, and its time that we provide sensible solutions to ensure long-term economic growth and opportunity."
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- Excerpt: "People around the world look to our great state of Texas, and our nation, as a beacon of hope and opportunity. To help them achieve the American Dream, we must address Comprehensive Immigration Reform, with a pathway to citizenship for those already living in our borders who successfully pay their taxes, pass a citizenship test and a criminal background check."
- Defending Our Borders
- Excerpt: "A pressing issue facing Texans and individuals living in the Southwest is border security. As narcoterrorisim and transnational gangs continue to penetrate our borders, we ensure a safe home for our families and our communities."
- Honoring Our Veterans
- Excerpt: "Our withdrawal from Afghanistan is on the horizon, and our troops are coming home. With our troops coming home, we must provide them with the necessary medical support and job training that they deserve and need to re-enter civilian life."
- Protecting Our Civil Rights
- Excerpt: "In our modern day society, we must end all forms of discrimination, and protect the basic civil and human rights of all people. It is the responsibility of our elected representatives to serve all of their constituents, regardless of who they are or their beliefs."
Minor is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 31st District. Minor won the Democratic nomination in the primary on March 4, 2014, with no opposition. He will face incumbent John Carter (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|Louie Minor (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$0||$10,723||$(3,415)||$7,307|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$7,307||$24,685||$(24,321)||$7,671|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Louie + Minor + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 31st Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 31st Congressional District
- Texas Secretary of State, 2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Campaign website, "Meet Louie," accessed January 28, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 28, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Louie Minor October Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Louie Minor Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |