|Oregon Commissioner of Insurance|
|November 2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Department of Consumer and Business Services Director Patrick Allen|
|J.D.||Lewis & Clark Law School|
An attorney by trade, Savage worked for Multnomah County Legal Aid Services for over 16 years. He was a senior policy advisor at the insurance division for eight years and has previously worked on health insurance rate reviews and legislative matters for the division.
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School
State Insurance Commissioner (2012-2013)
Savage was officially appointed to the position on May 30, 2012 by the Department of Consumer and Business Services Director, Patrick Allen. He had been serving as interim commissioner since the departure of former officeholder Teresa Miller in November 2011. Miller resigned the post to become senior adviser to Steve Larsen, director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Savage resigned from the office in 2013.
Savage was named acting Oregon Administrator of Insurance in November 2011.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Louis + Savage + Oregon + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners, "Bio of Louis D. Savage," accessed May 18, 2012
- Portland Business Journal, "Lou Savage to leave Oregon Insurance Division's top job," June 11, 2013, accessed August 3, 2013
- Oregon Live, "Lou Savage appointed Oregon Insurance Commissioner, set to tackle reforms," May 30, 2012
- Department of Consumer & Business Services-Insurance Division," "Press Release: Lou Savage appointed Oregon Insurance Commissioner," May 30, 2012
- Oregon Live, "Oregon's insurance commissioner takes federal job working on new health care law," November 15, 2011
|Oregon Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|
Laura N. Cali