Louisiana Department of Education
|Louisiana Department of Education|
|FY 2012 Budget:||$8.7 billion|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
Louisiana school districts
List of school districts in Louisiana
Public education in Louisiana
School board elections portal
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“||Louisiana Believes is built on the premise that all children can achieve high expectations for learning and that those closest to children – parents and teachers – know better than government how to help students achieve those expectations.||”|
Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
The Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) consists of eight elected members from the eight local districts and three members at-large appointed by the governor. Board members select a president, vice president and secretary-treasurer for a term of up to one year. The board is responsible for setting the state's educational initiatives and the education agenda. The superintendent is the administrative head of the Department of Education and is elected to a four-year term.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Louisiana + Department + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Louisiana Superintendent of Education
- Louisiana school districts
- School board elections portal
- Louisiana Department of Education, "Revenue," accessed January 22, 2014
- EducationBug.org, "Louisiana," accessed January 22, 2014
- Louisiana Department of Education, "About Us," accessed January 22, 2014
- Louisiana Department of Education "Louisiana Board of Elementary & Secondary Education," accessed July 28, 2009
- Louisiana Constitution "Article VIII, Section 2," accessed September 1, 2009
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Louisiana Department of Education | Louisiana school districts |