Louisiana Retirement Fund Investment, Amendment 7 (2008)
Amendment 7 was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
|Amendment 7 (2008)|
Election Results via:Louisiana Secretary of State
Currently, the Louisiana Constitution prohibits the loan, pledge, or donation of any funds, credit, property, or things of value of the state or of any political subdivision unless specifically excepted. This amendment would provide an exception to this prohibition.
If the measure had passed, it would have:
- Amended the Louisiana Constitution to authorize the investment in equities of monies of the state and a political subdivision, which have been reserved to provide for post-employment benefits other than pensions.
- In essence, this would have provided a raise in compensation for public officials.
- 2008 Louisiana Ballot Measures Voter Guide (dead link)
- 2008 Louisiana Election Results
- 2008 Louisiana Ballot Measure Details
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |