Louisiana Term Limits for Public Boards Act, Amendment 1 (2008)
|Amendment 1 (2008)|
Election Results via:Louisiana Secretary of State
The measure enacted the following provisions:
- Impose term limits on board and commission members which are identical to the limitation for members of the legislature, specifically:
- A person who has served for more than two and one-half terms in three consecutive terms shall not be appointed or elected to the succeeding term.
- Impose limit of on service on more than one board.
- The new limitations would not apply to persons elected or appointed to the respective board or commission prior to the effective date of this proposed constitutional amendment.
The Louisiana government boards and commissions that are affected by the amendment are:
- Public Service Commission
- State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Board of Regents
- Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System
- Board of Supervisors of Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College
- Board of Supervisors of Southern University and Agricultural and Mechanical College
- Board of Supervisors of Community and Technical Colleges
- Louisiana Forestry Commission
- State Civil Service Commission
- State Police Commission.
None yet identified
- Louisiana 2008 Ballot Measures
- 2008 Ballot Measures Voter Guide
- Louisiana 2008 Ballot Measures Election Results