Louisiana school board elections, 2014
Poll Opening and Closing Times
A total of 21 Louisiana school districts among America's largest school districts by enrollment held elections in 2014 for 224 seats. Each district held elections on November 4, 2014, with runoff elections on December 6, 2014, if no candidate for a particular seat won 50 percent plus one vote.
Here are several quick facts about Louisiana's school board elections in 2014:
- The largest school district by enrollment with an election in 2014 was Jefferson Parish Public Schools with 45,230 K-12 students.
- The smallest school district by enrollment with an election in 2014 was Vermilion Parish Schools with 9,186 K-12 students.
- Three districts were tied for the most seats on the ballot in 2014 with 15 seats up for election in each district.
- Ouachita Parish School System had the fewest seats on the ballot in 2014 with seven seats up for election.
The districts listed below served 467,051 K-12 students during the 2010-2011 school year, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. Click on the district names for more information on the district and its school board elections.
- List of school board elections in 2014
- School board elections, 2014
- Louisiana school districts
- Few surprises in Louisiana school board runoff results (December 8, 2014)
- Lingering Louisiana school board races to be decided in Dec. 6 runoff (November 25, 2014)
- School board election wrap-up: Did the Republican wave extend down the ballot? (November 7, 2014)
- Voter backlash down the ballot: Incumbency advantage drops in November's hottest school board races (November 5, 2014)