For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden-6-1 District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Ploof's professional experience includes working as a small business owner.
Ploof's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Education Funding
- Excerpt: "With all of the uncertainty with our education funding, one of my solutions as your legislator would be find an alternative funding mechanism to remove the education funding from our property tax burden."
- Excerpt: "We can bring in more revenue to the state without tax increases by legalizing Marijuana. It can bring in an estimated 50 to 100 million in tax dollars."
- Second Amendement
- Excerpt: "My priority is to preserve the second Amendment. Citizens must maintain their right to protect their family, home, and selves…We need to focus on keeping guns out of the hands of people who use their guns for criminal behavior, and I will enact the toughest laws for people who use or have used their gun for criminal behavior."
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-6-1 has two state representatives. Incumbent Joanna Cole was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Kurt Wright and Michael Ly were unopposed in the Republican primary. Loyal Ploof and Roy Collette are running as Libertarian candidates. Democrat Robert Hooper secured a place on the general election ballot after a successful write-in campaign. Wright and Cole defeated Hooper, Ly, Ploof and Collette in the general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden-6-1 District, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kurt Wright Incumbent||31%||1,598|
|Democratic||Joanna Cole Incumbent||24.6%||1,265|
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Ploof ran in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Chittenden District. He was defeated by incumbent Timothy Ashe, incumbent Philip Baruth, incumbent Sally Fox, incumbent Virginia Lyons, Peter Hunt, Debbie Ingram, Ed Adrian and David Zuckerman in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Loyal + Ploof + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont House of Representatives
- Vermont House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Vermont State Legislature
- Loyal Ploof on Facebook
- Loyal Ploof on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Loyal Ploof, "Biography," accessed August 6, 2014
- Loyal Ploof for Vermont State Representative, "Issues," accessed October 25, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list"