Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Ohio House of Representatives District 31|
|High school||Princeton High School|
|Profession||Public Affairs Coordinator|
Brockmeier's professional experience includes working as a public affairs coordinator at Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio Region. He earned his B.A. in philosophy and french from Miami University.
Brockmeier's campaign website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & The Economy
- Excerpt:"We need to restore the Local Governments Fund and invest in local startups in order to turn around Kasich’s dismal record on jobs."
- Excerpt:"I will work across the aisle to amend the state’s constitution to ensure fair districts and competitive elections, even if it means that I lose my seat in the legislature."
- Excerpt:"First, we need to repeal HB 194, the Voter Suppression Bill. Then the state can save money by replacing Voter Suppression with online registration, shared electronic databases, and statewide absentee requests."
- Excerpt:"I will work to pass the Act for our Children’s Future, to make sure that young people know how to prevent unintended pregnancy, and the CARE Act, to prevent rape survivors from becoming pregnant."
- Excerpt:"My top priority will be working with teachers and low-income communities to establish a fair way to fund our public schools."
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 31 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Denise Driehaus Incumbent||57.5%||2,439|
In 2012, Brockmeier was endorsed by they following:
- Jennifer Brunner, Former Ohio Secretary of State
- Thomas R. Chandler (Madisonville)
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Luke Brockmeier on Facebook
- Luke Brockmeier on Twitter
- Cincinnati, "When it comes to elections, what appeals to voters?," January 30, 2012
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |