|Idaho House of Representatives District 4A|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Politics and Economics, Music, Albertson College of Idaho (2004)|
|J.D.||University of Idaho College of Law (2010)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Malek served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Welfare|
|• Judiciary, Rules, and Administration|
|• Local Government|
Malek's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
- Excerpt: "Luke believes that business owners have the best knowledge to create jobs, they just need government out of the way. Uncertainty from tax increases and massive legislative agendas hinder the ability of business owners to take risks. This means less jobs."
- It’s about the economy…
- Excerpt: "Leadership can provide a path for economic prosperity. By limiting regulatory roadblocks to growth, listening to the needs of business owners and preserving the values that Idahoans hold dear, Idaho will pull through the tough times we face and come out on top."
- Improving our future by providing for our children’s education
- Excerpt: "Idaho needs to think outside of the box to provide a second-to-none education to our children without bankrupting the taxpayer. We have begun to do that here in Idaho, but much more can be done."
Malek won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 4A. He defeated Jeff Ames in the Republican primary on May 15 and defeated Janet Callen (D) and Ray J. Writz (C) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 4A, General Election, 2012|
|Constitution||Ray J. Writz||3.8%||681|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 4A Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Malek received a score of -31 points in the 2013 index, ranking 49th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Luke + Malek + Idaho + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Eye on Boise: Online tax revenue key for schools, Luna says - The Spokesman Review
- Freedom Foundation now up to half a dozen anti-incumbent billboards around ... - The Spokesman Review (blog)
- Legislation pondered to repeal insurance exchange - IdahoReporter.com
- No secretary of state run for Malek - Coeur d'Alene Press
- Otter: Schools top priority, even before tax cuts - The Spokesman Review
- Twin Falls' secret sauce - North Idaho Business Journal
- Rep. Malek's website
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter account
- Candidate LinkedIn page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Luke Malek, "The Issues," accessed October 5, 2012
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," Accessed March 26, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 4 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Freedom Foundation "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Marge Chadderdon (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 4A
| Succeeded by|