|Mississippi State Senate, District 14|
|2008 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Date of birth||December 29, 1950|
Chassaniol attended Winona High School and the University of Mississippi. Her professional experience includes owning a restaurant.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Chassaniol served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Tourism, Chair|
|• Corrections, Vice Chair|
|• Drug Policy|
|• Investigate State Offices|
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Chassaniol served on these committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Drug Policy|
|• Fees, Salaries and Administration|
|• Investigate State Offices|
|• Oil, Gas and Other Minerals|
Elections for the office of Mississippi State Senate will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Chassaniol won re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 14. She ran unopposed in the primary on August 2, 2011. Carlos Moore ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. Chassaniol defeated Moore in the general election on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi State Senate, District 14 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Lydia Chassaniol Incumbent||63.6%||12,264|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
|Mississippi Senate, District 14|
|Lydia Chassaniol (R)||13,248||100%|
In 2011, Chassaniol received $70,521 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lydia Chassaniol's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$4,000|
|Mississippi Physicians Association||$3,000|
|Friends Of Tate Reeves||$2,500|
|Home Builders Association Of Mississippi||$2,000|
|Mississippi Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$70,521|
|Total Votes received in 2011||12,264|
|Cost of each vote received||$5.75|
In 2009, Lydia Chassaniol collected $23,432 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Mississippi Independent Pharmacies Association||$1,000|
|Commonwealth Brands Inc.||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Chassaniol and her husband, Emmett, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Lydia + Chassaniol + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Candidate List
- Mississippi State Senate official election results for 2007
- Follow the Money's report on Chassaniol's 2007 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- 2009 contributors to Lydia Chassaniol
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi State Senate District 14
| Succeeded by|