|California Superintendent of Public Instruction|
Gutierrez's started working as a teacher, but later left the field following the death of her father. She then worked as an administrator for F/A 18 Radar and, later, acting supervisor in Cost Estimating for the Bradley Tank parts division. She then returned to education.
Gutierrez has credentials for multiple subjects for Kindergarten through 12th grade and bilingual education. She teaches at UCLA's Math Project Center X. She is also a fellow of the Cal STate Long Beach Writing Project, and lectures for the Los Angeles County Teachers Mathematics Association.
- Liberal Arts degree from Pepperdine University
- Master's in Multicultural Bilingual Education from Dominguez Hills
|California Superintendent of Public Instruction, Blanket Primary, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Tom Torlakson Incumbent||46.9%||1,303,161|
|Election Results via California Secretary of State.|
Comprehensive donor information for Gutierrez is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Gutierrez raised a total of $49,332 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 15, 2013.
|Lydia Gutierrez's Campaign Contribution History|
|2010||California Superintendent of Public Instruction||$30,590|
|2008||California State Senate||$18,742|
|Grand Total Raised||$49,332|
2008 and 2010
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Lydia Gutierrez's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Lydia Gutierrez's Campaign Contributions|
California State Senate, District 25
California Superintendent of Public Instruction
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$570,968||$2,016,469|
|Top 5 contributors||Lydia A. Gutierrez||$3,000||Lydia A. Gutierrez||$11,840|
|Lydia A. Gutierrez||$2,706||Lydia A. Gutierrez||$9,050|
|Lydia A. Gutierrez||$2,706||Ocean World||$1,000|
|Palos Verdes Penninsula 971535 Republican Headquarters PAC||$1,000||John Ratzenberger||$700|
|Betty Reider||$500||Mary L. Owen||$500|
Gutierrez grew up in a family of 10 children. Her father was born in Missouri to a family of migrant farm workers. Her mother was born in San Pedro, California.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lydia + Gutierrez + California + Superintendent""
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California Superintendent of Public Instruction
- California down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- Lydia for California Schools, "About Me," accessed August 15, 2013
- California Secretary of State, "CAMPAIGN FINANCE: Candidates & Elected Officials," accessed August 15, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Lydia Gutierrez," accessed August 15, 2013
- California Secretary of State, "Campaign Finance:GUTIERREZ, LYDIA A.," accessed August 15, 2013
- Follow the Money.org