Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 18|
|Profession||Instructor, Kapiolani Community College|
Berg is an instructor at Kapiolani Community College, and Consultant/Owner of Lyla Berg and Associates. She founded and served as Chief Executive Officer of Kids Voting Hawaii from 1996-2004, was Principal of Kailua Intermediate School from 1985-1990, and Vice Principal of Hawaii Department of Education from 1982-1985.
She is a member of the Alpha Delta Kappa Educational Women's Sorority, Read Aloud America Board - Hawaii, Civic Forum on Public Schools, Rotary Club of Honolulu, Delta Kappa Gamma Educational Women's Sorority, and Phi Delta Kappa.
- Agriculture Committee
- Economic Revitalization, Business & Military Affairs Committee
- Education Committee
- Higher Education Committee
- Tourism, Culture & International Affairs Committee
Berg lost her primary bid for Lieutenant Governor.
In 2008, Berg collected $15,458 in campaign contributions. The three largest contributors to her campaign were as follows:
|Hawaii Association of Realtors||$1,900|
|Electrical Workers Local 1186||$1,750|
|University of Hawaii Professional Assembly||$1,000|
Hawaii Grassroot Institute
- See also: Hawaii Grassroot Institute Scorecard
The Grassroot Institute issued its 2010 Legislative Score Card that tallied the votes of Hawaii legislators and graded their votes based on the Institute's values of individual liberty, free markets, and limited government. The Institute observed state legislators' votes on issues involving taxes, spending, scope of government, business climate, and raids on special funds. Berg received a total score of 24%. Here are the scores Berg received based on specific categories.
|2010 Hawaii House Legislative Scorecard|
|Taxes||Business climate||Spending||Individual liberty||Raids||Scope of government|
- Lyla Berg's personal website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- List of 2010 state legislative candidates in Hawaii
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Berg
- [District 18 Hawaii House candidate funds, 2008]
- 2008 contributions to Lyla Berg
- Grassroot Institute of Hawaii "2010 Legislative Score Card," accessed October 23, 2013
|Hawaii House District 18
| Succeeded by|