Lyle Turner recall, Mountain Gate Community Services District, California (2009)
Turner was the chairman of the fire and water district. According to the board, he hired an attorney at the district's expense, at a cost of $10,000, without the knowledge of the other members of the board or their consent.
The recall took place because of a petition filed on August 15, 2008 containing 346 signatures. Shasta County elections staff found that 297 of the signatures were valid, while 266 valid signatures were required to put the recall question on the ballot.
The district, which operates on an annual budget of $785,105, paid for the costs of holding the recall election. At the time of the election, there were 1,132 eligible voters in the district.
- Political recall efforts
- Political recall efforts, 2009
- Mountain Gate Community Services District board recall, Shasta County, California (2010)
- "Cole chosen in Mountain Gate recall election," February 24, 2009
- Redding Record Searchlight, "District to pay $10,000 for recall," October 16, 2008
- Mountain Gate Community District recall
- Redding Record Searchlight, "Mountain Gate district needs two special, and expensive, elections," December 7, 2008