|Texas House of Representatives, District 58|
|High school||Grandview High School, 1977|
|Bachelor's||Baylor University, 1983|
|J.D.||Baylor University, 1985|
Laird's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- The sanctity of life
- Traditional marriage
- Free enterprise and economic opportunity
- Limited government
- Fiscal responsibility in government
- Our right to bear arms
- Private property rights
- Our State’s sovereignty
- Protecting our Border and the meaning of Citizenship
- Low property taxes
- Individual liberty, dignity, and responsibility, not dependency and enslavement by a welfare state.
- Our children’s right to a good education and a promising future.
- Good law and order by responsible and accountable law enforcement.
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Greg Allen Kauffman was unopposed in the Democratic primary. DeWayne Burns and Philip Eby defeated Lyndon Laird and Henry Teich in the Republican primary. Burns defeated Eby in the May 27 Republican runoff. Jesse Pistokache, Jr. (L) was removed from the ballot before the election. Kauffman will face Burns in the general election.
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2012
Laird ran in the 2012 election for Texas State Senate, District 22. Laird ran unopposed in the May 22 primary election would have faced incumbent Brian Birdwell and Tom Kilbride in the general election on November 6, 2012 but withdrew in August.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lyndon + Laird + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Lyndon Laird on Facebook
- Lyndon Laird on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from the Texas Tribune
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Lyndon Laird Campaign, "Platform," accessed February 20, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 30, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, "The 2014 Election Brackets," accessed December 12, 2013
- Texas Secretary of State, "2012 Election and Candidate Information," accessed June 12, 2012
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |