|U.S. House, California, District 6|
|1993-January 3, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 3, 1992|
|Petaluma City Council|
|Bachelor's||University of San Francisco, 1981|
|Birthday||November 3, 1937|
|Place of birth||Seattle, WA|
- 1 Career
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Analysis
- 7 Personal
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Below is an abbreviated outline of Woolsey's academic, professional and political career:
- 1980: Graduated from University of San Francisco with B.A.
- 1984-1992: Petaluma, California, city council
- 1989, 1992: Vice mayor, Petaluma, California,
- 1993-2013: U.S. Representative from California
- Education and the Workforce Committee
- Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary and Secondary Education
- Subcommittee on Workforce Protections, Ranking Member
- Science, Space, and Technology Committee
- Subcommittee on Energy and Environment
Woolsey did not cast a vote for the fiscal cliff compromise bill, which made permanent most of the Bush tax cuts originally passed in 2001 and 2003 while also raising tax rates on the highest income levels. The bill was passed in the House by a 257 - 167 vote on January 1, 2013.
Woolsey did not seek re-election to the U.S. House in 2012. Woolsey's seat was redistricted to the the 2nd Congressional District of California. Jared Huffman (D) defeated Daniel Roberts (R) in the general election.
Woolsey won re-election to the U.S. House in 2010. During that election cycle, Woolsey's campaign committee raised a total of $846,466 and spent $898,627.
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House, California District 6, 2010 - Lynn Woolsey Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$151,843|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$151,843|
|Top contributors to Lynn Woolsey's campaign committee|
|Center Point Inc||$10,850|
|American Assn for Justice||$10,000|
|American Crystal Sugar||$10,000|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$55,500|
|Public Sector Unions||$46,800|
Congressional staff salaries
The website Legistorm compiles staff salary information for members of Congress. Woolsey paid her congressional staff a total of $1,209,913 in 2011. She ranked 181st on the list of the lowest paid Democratic representative staff salaries and ranked 12th overall of the highest paid representative staff salaries in 2011. Overall, California ranked 5th in average salary for representative staff. The average U.S. House of Representatives congressional staff was paid $954,912.20 in fiscal year 2011.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org, Woolsey's net worth as of 2010 was estimated between $276,011 and $705,000. That averages to $490,505.50, which is lower than the average net worth of Democratic representatives in 2010 of $4,465,875.
National Journal vote ratings
- See also: National Journal vote ratings
Each year National Journal publishes an analysis of how liberally or conservatively each member of Congress voted in the previous year. Woolsey was 1 of 19 members of congress who ranked 1st in the liberal rankings.
Voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Lynn Woolsey has voted with the Democratic Party 91.6% of the time, which ranked 123 among the 192 House Democratic members as of 2011.
Woolsey is divorced and has four children.
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- "2012 HOUSE SUMMARY," cookpolitical.com
- GovTrack, "Woolsey" accessed May 23, 2012
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, "Lynn C. Woolsey," accessed November 2, 2011
- U.S. House, "Roll Call Vote on the Fiscal Cliff," accessed January 4, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk, "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets, "Lynn Woolsey 2010 Election Cycle," accessed November 2, 2011
- LegiStorm, "Lynn Woolsey"
- OpenSecrets, "Woolsey, (D-Cali), 2010"
- National Journal, "Searchable Vote Ratings Tables: House," accessed February 23, 2012
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed June 6, 2013
|U.S. House - California District 6
| Succeeded by|