|January 5, 2012 – present|
|Years in position||3|
|Predecessor||Tate Reeves (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Master's||University of Mississippi|
|J.D.||University of Mississippi|
|Profession||Executive Director of the Mississippi State Personnel Board|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Political Career
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Personal
- 6 Recent news
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Prior to her election as state treasurer, Fitch served as Executive Director of the Mississippi State Personnel Board for three years.
Fitch previously served as Deputy Executive Director of External Affairs and Support Services at the Mississippi Department of Employment Security.
She holds an M.S. in business administration and a J.D., both from the University of Mississippi.
- J.D., University of Mississippi
- M.S., Business Administration, University of Mississippi
Mississippi Treasurer (2012-present)
Fitch has served as Mississippi Treasurer since January 5, 2012.
- See also: Mississippi Treasurer election, 2015
Eleven state executive offices in Mississippi are up for election in 2015. The general election will be held on November 3, 2015, following a primary election on August 4, 2015. Runoffs are scheduled for August 25 in case no candidate receives a majority (50 percent plus one) of the popular vote in a given primary race. The following sections summarize filed candidates running for each state executive office on the ballot:
See also: Mississippi Auditor election, 2015
Public Service Commission (3 seats)
See also: Mississippi Public Service Commission election, 2015
First periodic report (Jan. 1 2015 - April 30 2015)
Comprehensive donor information for this election has been collected from the state's campaign finance authority. Based on available campaign finance records, the candidates raised a total of $340,288.25 and spent a total of $166,056.43 during this reporting period. This information was last updated on May 8, 2015.
|Campaign Contributions and Expenditures|
|Candidate||Office||Beginning balance||Contributions||Expenditures||Ending balance|
|Viola V. McFarland
|Grand Total Raised||$340,288.25|
|Grand Total Spent||$166,056.43|
Fitch won election to the office of Mississippi State Treasurer in 2011. She faced Lucien Smith and Lee Yancey in the Republican primary on August 2. She came in first, but as no candidate won at least 50 percent of the vote, she and Lee Yancey met in a runoff on August 23. Fitch secured the Republican nomination, and went on to defeat Democrat Connie Moran and Reform Party candidate Shawn O'Hara in the general election on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi Treasurer, 2011|
|Election Results via Mississippi Secretary of State|
|Treasurer - Republican primary runoff results|
|Republican Party||Lynn Fitch||53%|
|Republican Party||Lee Yancey||47%|
|Treasurer -- Republican primary results|
|Republican Party||Lynn Fitch||38%|
|Republican Party||Lee Yancey||34%|
|Republican Party||Lucien Smith||29%|
Comprehensive donor information for Fitch is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Fitch raised a total of $1,259,052 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
|Lynn Fitch's Campaign Contribution History|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,259,052|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Lynn Fitch's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Lynn Fitch's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Opponents||$109,528 (Dem)|
|Top 5 contributors||William Fitch||$630,000|
|Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz||$10,000|
Fitch has three children: Mackenzie, Marye Will and John Tucker.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms "Lynn Fitch Mississippi Treasurer."
- Some of the stories below may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of Google's news search engine.
- Mississippi Treasurer
- Mississippi down ballot state executive elections, 2011
- Mississippi Treasurer election, 2015
- Mississippi State Treasurer
- Official campaign website
- Facebook Campaign page
- Lynn Fitch on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- MageeNews.com, "State Treasurer Lynn Fitch to Run on Record of Accomplishment," February 17, 2015
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Lynn Fitch For Mississippi Treasurer, "Meet Lynn," accessed July 16, 2011
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Mississippi Lt. Governor Reeves and Other Leaders," January 20, 2012 (Archived)
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Candidate Qualifying List," accessed March 4, 2015
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Campaign Finance Filings," May 8, 2015
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Election 2011 Runoff Results," accessed November 3, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Lynn Fitch," accessed July 17, 2013
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
- Mississippi State Treasurer, "Lynn Fitch Biography," accessed January 21, 2013
Tate Reeves (R)
| Succeeded by|