|January 5, 2012 – present|
|Years in position||1|
|Predecessor||Tate Reeves (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 2015|
|Master's||University of Mississippi|
|J.D.||University of Mississippi|
|Profession||Executive Director of the Mississippi State Personnel Board|
Prior to her election as state treasurer, Fitch served as Executive Director of the Mississippi State Personnel Board for three years.
Fitch previously served as Deputy Executive Director of External Affairs and Support Services at the Mississippi Department of Employment Security.
- JD, University of Mississippi
- MS, Business Administration, University of Mississippi
Mississippi Treasurer (2012-present)
Fitch has served as Mississippi Treasurer since January 5, 2012.
|Mississippi Treasurer, 2011|
|Treasurer -- Republican primary results|
|Republican Party||Lynn Fitch||38%|
|Republican Party||Lucien Smith||29%|
|Republican Party||Lee Yancey||34%|
Fitch defeated Yancey, securing the Republican nomination.
|Treasurer - Republican primary runoff results|
|Republican Party||Lynn Fitch||53%|
|Republican Party||Lee Yancey||47%|
Comprehensive donor information for Fitch is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Fitch raised a total of $1,259,052 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
|Lynn Fitch's Campaign Contribution History|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,259,052|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Lynn Fitch's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Lynn Fitch's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$109,528 (Dem)|
|Top 5 contributors||William Fitch||$630,000|
|Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz||$10,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lynn + Fitch + Mississippi + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- ? WILSON/MPACT's future (116 views) - Madison County Journal
- Proposal made to reopen the Mississippi Prepaid Affordable College Tuition ... - Jackson Clarion Ledger
- Analysis: Mississippi education, government finances tightly linked - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Prepaid tuition program may reopen with changes - Jackson Clarion Ledger
- MPACT Still in Financial Hole - WTOK
- Mississippi College School of Business hosts 2013 Financial Summit - Mississippi Business Journal (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Fitch has three children, Mackenzie, Marye Will, and John Tucker.
- Mississippi State Treasurer
- Official campaign website
- Facebook Campaign page
- Lynn Fitch on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- ↑ WAPT, "7 Of 8 Statewide Officials Sworn In," January 5, 2012
- ↑ Lynn Fitch For Mississippi Treasurer, "Meet Lynn," accessed July 16, 2011
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Mississippi Lt. Governor Reeves and Other Leaders," January 20, 2012
- ↑ Mississippi Secretary of State, "Election 2011 Runoff Results," accessed November 3, 2011
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Lynn Fitch," accessed July 17, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money.org
- ↑ Mississippi State Treasurer, "Lynn Fitch Biography," accessed January 21, 2013
Tate Reeves (R)
| Succeeded by|