|Alaska House of Representatives, District 7|
|January 28, 2013 - present|
|January 22, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gattis served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Chair|
|• State Affairs|
|• Economic Development, Trade & Tourism|
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. District 9 incumbent Lynn Gattis was unopposed in the Republican primary and defeated Verne Rupright (Nonpartisan) in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 7, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Lynn Gattis Incumbent||64.6%||4,024|
Gattis ran in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 9. She defeated Mark Ewing in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Gattis won in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Blake A. Merrifield||27%||1,767|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 9 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Gattis is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gattis raised a total of $56,199 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 1, 2013.
|Lynn Gattis's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Alaska State House, District 9||$56,199|
|Grand Total Raised||$56,199|
2012Gattis won election to the Alaska House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Gattis raised a total of $56,199.
|Alaska House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lynn Gattis's campaign in 2012|
|Alaska Republican Party||$3,000|
|Mat-Su Republican Womens Club||$1,500|
|Valley Republican Womens Club||$1,250|
|Leary, Linda A||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$56,199|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2014, Gattis' endorsements included the following:
- NRA – A+
- Safari Club International
- Right To Life
- Alaska Outdoor Council
- Mat-Su Business Alliance
- Conservative Patriots Group
- Kenai River Sportsfishing Association
- Steve Culligan
- Lyn Carden
- Steve & Abby StClaire
- Glenda Ledford
- Bob Doyle
- Marlin Dubetz
- Regg Simon
- Dave Rutz
- Colleen Sullivan-Leonard
- Curtis & Lyda Green
- Robert Hall
- Dave Cruz
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 28th Alaska State Legislature was in session from January 21 to April 20.
- Legislators are scored on "how supportive they are of Alaska’s private business sector."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lynn + Gattis + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska State Legislature
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House Committees
- Alaska House of Representatives District 7
- Profile from the Alaska House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Lynn Gattis on Facebook
- Lynn Gattis on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed January 1, 2015
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results," accessed November 25, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Gattis, Lynn," accessed August 1, 2013
- lynngattis.org, "Endorsements," accessed October 21, 2014
- Alaska Business Report Card, "About ABRC," accessed September 11, 2014
Wes Keller (R)
|Alaska House of Representatives District 7
| Succeeded by|
|Alaska House of Representatives District 9
| Succeeded by|
Jim Colver (R)