|Mississippi Public Service Commission, Central District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Mississippi State Senate|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi State University|
|Associate's||Copiah-Lincoln Junior College|
|Master's||Mississippi State University|
|Birthday||February 23, 1955|
|Place of birth||Brookhaven, Mississippi|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Political Career
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Personal
- 6 Recent news
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Prior to his election to the MPSC, Posey served in the Mississippi State Senate from 1988-2007. During this time he served 16 years as Chairman of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks and was a member of the Public Utilities Committee for 16 years.
- Graduated, University of Mississippi School of Banking
- MA, Business Administration, Mississippi State University
- BA, Mississippi State University
- AA, Copiah-Lincoln Junior College
Mississippi Public Service Commissioner (2007-present)
He was elected to the Public Service Commission in 2007, where he served as Vice Chair from 2007-2008 and has been Chair since 2009. In his current position as Chairman, Posey serves as head of the Public Service Commission, which regulates telecommunications, electric, gas, water and sewer utilities in the state of Mississippi. The Commission was established in 1884 and is composed of three commissioners.
Mississippi State Senate (1988-2007)
Posey was a member of the Mississippi State Senate from 1988-2007.
Posey won re-election in 2011. He did not have a primary opponent and defeated Democrat Addie Green in the November 8 general election. Independent Danny Ayers was slated to run but his name did not appear on the ballot.
|Mississippi Public Service Commission (Central/District 1), 2011|
|Republican||Lynn Posey Incumbent||56.4%||157,675|
Posey won election in the November 6, 2007 election, defeating Charles Barbour (Rep) and Lee Dilworth (Ref).
|Mississippi Public Service Commission - District 1, 2007|
|Election Results Via: Mississippi Secretary of State|
Comprehensive donor information for Posey is available dating back to 1999. Based on available campaign finance records, Posey raised a total of $390,455 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 17, 2013.
2007 and 2011
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Lynn Posey's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Lynn Posey's Campaign Contributions|
Mississippi Public Service Commission
Mississippi Public Service Commission
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent|
|Top 5 contributors||Lynn Posey||$9,000||Mississippi Republican Party||$30,000|
|Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians||$3,000||Non-itemized Contributions||$5,700|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$2,500||Strategem PAC||$5,000|
|Mississippi Manufacturers Association||$2,000||Richard Vaulk||$3,000|
|Teamsters Local 891||$2,000||Cynthia Parker|
Posey is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lynn + Posey + Mississippi"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- PSC approves higher rates for Mississippi Power, Entergy - SunHerald.com
- Renfroe explains power increase; cost controls on Kemper plant - SunHerald.com
- Entergy Mississippi, Inc : United States : PSC allows ENTERGY MISSISSIPPI ... - 4-traders (press release)
- PSC approves higher energy rates for companies - The Commercial Dispatch
- 32 seek county administrator post in Oktibbeha County - The Republic
- Mississippi Public Service Commission
- Mississippi State Senate
- Mississippi down ballot state executive elections, 2011
- Majority in Mississippi, "Posey Makes Party Switch Official," December 8, 2010
- Missouri Public Service Commission, "About Commissioner Posey," accessed February 5, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Lynn Posey," retrieved May 7, 2011
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Mississippi Lt. Governor Reeves and Other Leaders," January 20, 2012
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "November 2007 General Election Results," accessed May 7, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Lynn Posey," accessed July 17, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
|Mississippi Public Service Commission
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |