M.H. "Marty" Harbin
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Georgia State Senate, District 16|
|January 12, 2015 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Harbin served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Banking and Financial Institutions|
|• Government Oversight, Vice-chair|
|• Insurance and Labor|
|• State and Local Governmental Operations|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Georgia State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014 with a runoff election taking place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. M.H. "Marty" Harbin and David J. Studdard advanced past D.R. "Bob" Barnard, Erik A. Manning, Gil B. Williams, James W. Clifton and W.G. "Bill" Johnston in the Republican primary. Harbin faced Studdard in a runoff election on July 22, 2014, which Harbin won. Harbin was unchallenged in the general election.
|Georgia State Senate, District 16 Runoff Republican Primary, 2014|
|M.H. "Marty" Harbin||59.6%||8,960|
|David J. Studdard||40.4%||6,065|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marty + Harbin + Georgia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia State Legislature
- Georgia State Senate
- Georgia Senate Committees
- Georgia state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Georgia State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Marty Harbin on Facebook
- Georgia Secretary of State - Official candidate list
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official runoff election results," accessed August 29, 2014
Ronnie Chance (R)
|Georgia State Senate - District 16
| Succeeded by|