Maine 1929 ballot measures
September 9, 1929 ballot in Maine.Five statewide ballot measure was on the
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Three of the measures were approved and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment No. 1||Local Gov't||Empowers Governor to fill councilor vacancies|
|Amendment No. 2||Bonds||Issues $1.2 million in bonds to build Waldo-Hancock Bridge|
|Amendment No. 3||Bonds||Increases bond limit for highways and bridges to $31 million|
|LRSS||Referendum Question No. 1||Energy||Allows export of surplus hydroelectric power|
|VR||Referendum Question No. 2||Taxes||Increases gasoline tax to five cents per gallon|
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "List of Questions," September 3 , 1929
- Main State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Main State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Referenda Votes on Acts of the Maine Legislature 1910-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, People's Vetoes 1909-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database