Maine 1950 ballot measures
- All of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||Constitutions||Codifies the state constitution|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||Direct Democracy||Makes filing date for initiated bill petitions 45 days after the convening of the Legislature|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 3||Bonds||Empowers Legislature to override state bond limit by two-thirds vote in both houses|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 4||Bonds||Issues up to $7 million in bonds to build bridge across Fore river|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 5||Legislature||Apportions the members of the House of Representatives by county proportional to state population|
- The Lewiston Daily Sun, "List of Questions," September 8, 1950
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |