For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Maine 1955 ballot measures
September 12, 1955 ballot in the state of Maine.Five statewide ballot questions were on the
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred bond question.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All five of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|BI||Referendum Question||Transportation||Issues up to $1 million in bonds to construct bridge across Jonesport Reach|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||State Exec||Extends Governor's pardon power to juvenile delinquency|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||State Exec||Allows for Governor to not be a natural born citizen|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 3||Gov't Finance||Excludes some rental agreements with School Building Authority from municipal debt limit|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 4||Elections||Repeals language specific to voting in the military|
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," September 9, 1955
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database