Maine 1959 ballot measures
September 9, 1959 ballot in Maine.Four statewide ballot measures were on the
- All of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- All of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Transportation||Issues $3.9 million in bonds to construct bridge across the Passagassawaukeag River|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Transportation||Issues $13 million in bonds for the construction of state highways|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 3||Housing||Issues up to $10 million in bonds for the construction of housing at the University of Maine|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 4||Transportation||Issues up to $3.95 million in bonds for capital improvements|
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," October 5, 1959
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database