Maine 1964 ballot measures
- Ten of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred bond question.
- All of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||State Exec||Repeals requirement Governor communicate pardons to the Maine State Legislature|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||Legislature||Provides for state legislators to take oaths of office in absence of the Governor|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 3||Legislature||Provides method for filling of State Senate vacancies|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 4||Gov't Finances||Eliminates requirement that money drawn from state treasury require warrants from the Governor and Council|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 5||Judiciary||Repeals and replaces judicial article in Maine Constitution|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 6||State Exec||Allows Governor to march citizens out of the state without consent of citizens or Legislature|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 7||Elections||Provides for determining gubernatorial election results and how to break a tie|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 8||State Exec||Provides a line of succession given a vacancy in office of Governor|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 9||Gov't Finances||Increases state-guaranteed loans for industrial purposes by $20 million|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 10||Elections||Changes deadline for submission of municipal election results to Secretary of State|
|BI||Referendum Question||Environment||Issues $25 million in bonds for pollution abatement facilities|
- The Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," October 26, 2014
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |