Maine 1965 ballot measures
November 2, 1965 ballot in Maine.Nine statewide ballot measures were on the
- Six of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Housing||Issues $3.96 million for construction of student housing and dining facilities|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Transportation||Issues $9.6 million in bonds for the construction of state highways|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 3||Housing||Issues $6 million in bonds for the construction of student housing at University of Maine|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 4||Education||Issues $6.97 million in bonds for capital improvements at University of Maine|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 5||Prisons||Issues $500,000 in bonds for construction/renovation of Boys' Training Center, Maine State Prison and Stevens School|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 6||Education||Issues $500,000 in bonds to establish York County Regional Vocational Education Center|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||Suffrage||Eliminates pauper restriction on voting; clarifies restriction for those under guardianship|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||Gov't Finance||Extends state guaranteed loans for industrial purposes to personal property|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 3||Gov't Finance||Allows state guaranteed loans up to $10 million on real estate and personal property for recreational projects|
- Biddeford Journal, "Specimen Ballot," October 25, 1965
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database