For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Maine 1965 ballot measures
November 2, 1965 ballot in Maine.Nine statewide ballot measures were on the
- Six of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Housing||Issues $3.96 million for construction of student housing and dining facilities|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Transportation||Issues $9.6 million in bonds for the construction of state highways|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 3||Housing||Issues $6 million in bonds for the construction of student housing at University of Maine|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 4||Education||Issues $6.97 million in bonds for capital improvements at University of Maine|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 5||Prisons||Issues $500,000 in bonds for construction/renovation of Boys' Training Center, Maine State Prison and Stevens School|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 6||Education||Issues $500,000 in bonds to establish York County Regional Vocational Education Center|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||Suffrage||Eliminates pauper restriction on voting; clarifies restriction for those under guardianship|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||Gov't Finance||Extends state guaranteed loans for industrial purposes to personal property|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 3||Gov't Finance||Allows state guaranteed loans up to $10 million on real estate and personal property for recreational projects|
- Biddeford Journal, "Specimen Ballot," October 25, 1965
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database