Maine 1968 ballot measures
- Seven of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- All of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Utilities||Issues $384,000 in bonds for the construction of school, water and sewage facilities on Native American reservations|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2A||Housing||Issues $850,000 in bonds to build and improve dormitories at the Maine Maritime Academy|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2B||Housing||Issues $955,000 in bonds for the construction of women's dormitory facilities at Farmington State College|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Transportation||Issues $12.8 million in bonds for the construction of state highways|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Forests & Parks||Issues $4 million in bonds for the creation of the Maine State Park and Recreation Area Fund|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 3||Healthcare||Issues $180,000 in bonds for construction of mentally disabled children residential facility in Aroostook County|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 4||Transportation||Issues $4.5 million in bonds for the construction of a bridge across the Androscoggin River|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment||Gov't Finance||Doubles state guaranteed loans for industrial, manufacturing, fishing and agricultural enterprises to $80 million|
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," June 10, 1968
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," October 29, 1968
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |