Maine 1970 ballot measures
- Eight of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Ten of the measures were approved and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|BI||Referendum Question||Transportation||Issues $19.5 million in bonds for the construction of state highways||
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Education||Removes interest rate limitation of five percent from unissued bonds for a regional vocational center in York County||
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Education||Issues $3,825,000 in bonds for construction at the State Vocational-Technical Institutes and Boys Training Center||
|BI||Referendum Question No. 3||Education||Issues $14,985,000 in bonds for classroom expansions and improvements at University of Maine campuses||
|LRSS||Referendum Question No. 4||Education||Allows moneys originally appropriated for addition to Gould Academic Building to be used for classroom construction||
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Transportation||Issues $30 million in bonds for the reconstruction of State Route 6||
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Education||Issues $50 million in bonds for the construction of elementary and secondary school buildings||
|BI||Referendum Question No. 3||Environment||Issues $4 million in bonds for oil pollution clean up efforts when the Governor declares an Oil Pollution Disaster||
|BI||Referendum Question No. 4||Environment||Repeals interest limit on unissued bonds for water pollution abatement||
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||Suffrage||Lowers age requirement for voting to 20 years old||
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||Property||Allows Legislature to provide for the assessment of real estate taxes of three types of real estate||
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 3||Legislatures||Empowers the Legislature to call for Special Sessions||
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," March 9, 1970
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," June 8, 1970
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," October 27, 1970
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Referenda Votes on Acts of the Maine Legislature 1910-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |