For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Maine 1970 ballot measures
- Eight of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Ten of the measures were approved and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|BI||Referendum Question||Transportation||Issues $19.5 million in bonds for the construction of state highways|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Education||Removes interest rate limitation of five percent from unissued bonds for a regional vocational center in York County|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Education||Issues $3,825,000 in bonds for construction at the State Vocational-Technical Institutes and Boys Training Center|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 3||Education||Issues $14,985,000 in bonds for classroom expansions and improvements at University of Maine campuses|
|LRSS||Referendum Question No. 4||Education||Allows moneys originally appropriated for addition to Gould Academic Building to be used for classroom construction|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Transportation||Issues $30 million in bonds for the reconstruction of State Route 6|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Education||Issues $50 million in bonds for the construction of elementary and secondary school buildings|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 3||Environment||Issues $4 million in bonds for oil pollution clean up efforts when the Governor declares an Oil Pollution Disaster|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 4||Environment||Repeals interest limit on unissued bonds for water pollution abatement|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||Suffrage||Lowers age requirement for voting to 20 years old|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||Property||Allows Legislature to provide for the assessment of real estate taxes of three types of real estate|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 3||Legislatures||Empowers the Legislature to call for Special Sessions|
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," March 9, 1970
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," June 8, 1970
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," October 27, 1970
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Referenda Votes on Acts of the Maine Legislature 1910-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |