Maine 1971 ballot measures
November 2, 1971 ballot in Maine.Four statewide ballot measures were on the
- One of the measures was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were approved and one was defeated.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Referendum Question||Taxes||Repeals state income tax|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||Suffrage||Reduces voting age requirement from 20 to 18 years old|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||State Exec||Continues Governor's term in office until his successor is determined and take the oath of office|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 3||Education||Provides government credit for loans to state college students|
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," October 26, 1971
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database