Maine 1973 ballot measures
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred bond question.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measure was an initiated state statute.
- Four of the measures were approved and one was defeated.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Direct Initiative Question||Utilities||Creates the Power Authority of Maine|
|LRSS||Referendum Question No. 1||Lottery||Creates a state lottery|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Forests & Parks||Issues up to $3 million in bonds for the acquisition of real property for state parks|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||Gov't Finance||Removes municipal debt limits from constitution, shifts to legislative issue|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||Admin of Gov't||Regulates implementation bills that come before Governor after end of a legislative session|
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," October 30, 1973
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Referenda Votes on Acts of the Maine Legislature 1910-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |