Maine 1978 ballot measures
1978 ballot in the state of Maine.Six statewide questions appeared on the
- All measures were approved.
- All measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two measures dealt with the subject of taxes.
On the ballot
|Cost-Sharing Tax Formula Amendment||Taxes||To provide that taxes may be assessed in cost-sharing formula.||
|Insurance Guarantee Requirements Amendment||Business regulation||To "reduce & combine the guarantee limits for insurance of enterprises."||
|Justice of the Peace Amendment||Admin. of gov't.||To "eliminate the office of Justice of the Peace as a Constitutional office."||
|Poll Tax Repeal Amendment||Civil rights||To repeal provisions relating to the poll tax.||
|Property Tax Exemption Reimbursement Amendment||Taxes||To reimburse municipalities for losses caused by property tax exemptions.||
|Start of Session Amendment||State legislatures||Dealt with the start of state legislative session.||
- 1978 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature